Streaming Masters – Ike & Tina Turner
Ike & Tina Turner was a unique duo in so many ways. The tumultuous couple had an immense on popular culture, from Ike Turner‘s recording what’s often credited as the first rock recording ever (Rocket 88 in March 1951) to the global pop/rock smashes of his former wife Tina Turner in the 80s and 90s.
After the sad news of her passing earlier in 2023, both are now gone, but their legacy remains impressive. We review streaming statistics of this iconic duo to see how well remembered their songs are to this day.
Ike & Tina Turner streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea: Genie streams * 2.20 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan: AWA streams * 100 / 4 (AWA has 4% of the Japanese streaming market)
– Arabic world: Anghami streams
– Sub-Saharan Africa: Boomplay + Audiomack streams
– Elsewhere: Spotify streams * Spotify market shares based on artists’ market distribution
– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views increased by 10% to account for various local platforms
*since Chinese streaming platforms are mostly video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1,500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 6,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * ArtistRatio + Genie * 2.20 + AWA * 100 / 4 + Anghami + Boomplay + Audiomack ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube * 1.1 ) / 6750
Please be aware that when the artist is regarded as the lead act, he is rewarded with 100% of these units, while featured acts share among them a 50% piece of the totals.
Ike & Tina Turner streaming review – the results
Total: 603,229 EAS
Want uptodate data? Access updated numbers everyday right here!
Ike & Tina Turner : Most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. Proud Mary [Workin’ Together] – 293,000
2. River Deep – Mountain High [River Deep – Mountain High] – 105,000
3. Nutbush City Limits [Nutbush City Limits] – 94,000
4. A Fool In Love [The Soul of Ike & Tina Turner] – 15,000
5. Come Together [Come Together] – 9,000
6. Game of Love [Workin’ Together] – 8,000
7. Son of a Preacher Man [Orphan (Ike & Tina Turner)] – 6,000
8. Honky Tonk Women [Come Together] – 4,000
9. Getting Nasty [Orphan (Ike & Tina Turner)] – 4,000
10. Shake a Tail Feather [So Fine] – 4,000
11. It’s Gonna Work Out Fine [Ike & Tina Turner’s Kings of Rhythm Dance] – 4,000
12. Get Back [Workin’ Together] – 3,000
13. Workin’ Together [Workin’ Together] – 3,000
14. Rock Me Baby [Outta Season] – 3,000
15. I Want to Take You Higher [Come Together] – 3,000
16. I’ve Been Loving You Too Long [Outta Season] – 2,000
17. Land Of A Thousand Dances [Orphan (Ike & Tina Turner)] – 2,000
18. I Idolize You [The Soul of Ike & Tina Turner] – 2,000
19. Bold Soul Sister [The Hunter] – 2,000
20. Drift Away [Nutbush City Limits] – 2,000
You may be interested in…
… Ike & Tina Turner‘s full CSPC analysis