Streaming Masters – Lana Del Rey
With a discography now up to over 150 songs, Lana Del Rey did a lot since breaking over the general public in 2012.
Her early singles were among the first tracks to gain relevant numbers on streaming platforms, when these were just getting started. How are they doing 10 years in?
Lana Del Rey streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea: Genie streams * 2.20 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan: AWA streams * 68 / 4 (AWA has 4% of the Japanese streaming market, and 32% are already considered through Spotify’s extrapolation)
– Arabic world: Anghami streams
– Sub-Saharan Africa: Boomplay + Audiomack streams
– Elsewhere: Spotify streams * 649 / 406 (649 million subscribers of global platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, Deezer, etc. against 406 million from Spotify itself) + Genie streams * 2.20 (uses Genie rather than Spotify to extrapolate markets like Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam)
– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views increased by 10% to account for various local platforms
*since Chinese streaming platforms are mostly video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1,500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 6,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * 649/406 + Genie * 2.20 * 2 + AWA * 68 / 4 + Anghami + Boomplay + Audiomack ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube * 1.1 ) / 6750
Please be aware that when the artist is regarded as the lead act, he is rewarded with 100% of these units, while featured acts share among them a 50% piece of the totals.
Lana Del Rey streaming review – the results
Total: 14,778,412 EAS
Lana Del Rey most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. Summertime Sadness [Born to Die] – 1,394,000
2. Young and Beautiful [Orphan] – 894,000
3. Video Games [Born to Die] – 656,000
4. Born to Die [Born to Die] – 571,000
5. Blue Jeans [Born to Die] – 488,000
6. Don’t Call Me Angel [Orphan] – 379,000
7. Doin’ Time [Norman Fucking Rockwell!] – 341,000
8. West Coast [Ultraviolence] – 337,000
9. Brooklyn Baby [Ultraviolence] – 332,000
10. Love [Lust for Life] – 313,000
11. Lust for Life [Lust for Life] – 312,000
12. National Anthem [Born to Die] – 306,000
13. Dark Paradise [Born to Die] – 305,000
14. Ride [Born to Die] – 278,000
15. High by the Beach [Honeymoon] – 235,000
16. Diet Mountain Dew [Born to Die] – 216,000
17. Radio [Born to Die] – 201,000
18. Off to the Races [Born to Die] – 188,000
19. Ultraviolence [Ultraviolence] – 177,000
20. Cherry [Lust for Life] – 163,000
Sources: Spotify, YouTube, AWA (app), QQ, Genie, Anghami, Audiomack, Boomplay.
You may be interested in…
… Lana Del Rey‘s full CSPC analysis
… streaming tops and tools
… similar artists
Click for recent streaming masters analyses of pop star divas: