Streaming Masters – Billie Eilish
Since the release of her first single Ocean Eyes in 2016, the popularity of Billie Eilish got bigger day after day until reaching the top some 3 years later with the album When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
What’s her biggest hits? How big is she? We’ll find it out thanks to her streaming statistics!
Billie Eilish streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea: Genie streams * 2.20 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan: AWA streams * 68 / 4 (AWA has 4% of the Japanese streaming market, and 32% are already considered through Spotify’s extrapolation)
– Arabic world: Anghami streams
– Sub-Saharan Africa: Boomplay + Audiomack streams
– Elsewhere: Spotify streams * 649 / 406 (649 million subscribers of global platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, Deezer, etc. against 406 million from Spotify itself) + Genie streams * 2.20 (uses Genie rather than Spotify to extrapolate markets like Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam)
– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views increased by 10% to account for various local platforms
*since Chinese streaming platforms are mostly video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1,500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 6,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * 649/406 + Genie * 2.20 * 2 + AWA * 68 / 4 + Anghami + Boomplay + Audiomack ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube * 1.1 ) / 6750
Billie Eilish streaming review – the results
Total: 28,085,321 EAS
Billie Eilish most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. Bad Guy [When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?] – 3,380,000
2. Lovely [Don’t Smile at Me] – 2,428,000
3. When the Party’s Over [When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?] – 1,672,000
4. Ocean Eyes [Don’t Smile at Me] – 1,540,000
5. Everything I Wanted [Orphan] – 1,341,000
6. Happier Than Ever [Happier Than Ever] – 1,117,000
7. Bury a Friend [When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?] – 1,090,000
8. Idontwannabeyouanymore [Don’t Smile at Me] – 1,083,000
9. Bellyache [Don’t Smile at Me] – 1,026,000
10. You Should See Me in a Crown [When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?] – 842,000
11. Wish You Were Gay [When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?] – 801,000
12. I Love You [When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?] – 778,000
13. Therefore I Am [Happier Than Ever] – 729,000
14. Bored [Orphan] – 622,000
15. All the Good Girls Go to Hell [When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?] – 621,000
16. My Boy [Don’t Smile at Me] – 611,000
17. Copycat [Don’t Smile at Me] – 597,000
18. Six Feet Under [Orphan] – 540,000
19. No Time to Die [Orphan] – 528,000
20. My Strange Addiction [When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?] – 454,000
Sources: Spotify, YouTube, AWA (app), QQ, Genie, Anghami, Audiomack, Boomplay.
You may be interested in…
… Billie Eilish‘ full CSPC analysis
… streaming tops and tools
… similar artists
Click for recent streaming masters analyses of pop star divas:
Where do you get the streaming data for “comprehensive audio streaming”? I mean, the streaming numbers of that section
Sade most streamed tracks))) please correct
Oops that’s fixed!
Thank you Olexiy 🙂
Can you redo Billie Eilish stats please? I wonder how far she is now.
I think you all shouldn’t put “dont smile at me” tracklist as Orphan because the EP is selling very well, I mean, I know that’s not a studio album but it’s selling like one
How you know the another audio stream?
She really is incredibly impressive. She might very well become the Adele of the streaming era.
[…] a 2019, após uma série de singles expressivos nas tabelas musicais, Billie não surge em cena com um simples EP mas sim com o seu primeiro LP de […]
Her album name isn’t Orphan.. it’s Don’t Smile At Me.
We use the folder “Orphan” for every recording that doesn’t belong to an original studio album. Since she regards Don’t Smile At Me as an EP, we followed her opinion and listed songs accordingly.
Do Halsey please.
3m before her debut album! NICE!!