Streaming Masters – Aretha Franklin
It doesn’t take more than a stream to understand why the late Aretha Franklin is widely regarded as a Queen of Soul.
Her flawless and powerful voice was only matched by how effortlessly she used to perform her songs. As it wasn’t enough, she also added to her skills some precious gems like Respect or I Say a Little Prayer, which are still crushing streaming platforms to this day.
Aretha Franklin streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea: Genie streams * 2.20 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan: AWA streams * 100 / 4 (AWA has 4% of the Japanese streaming market)
– Arabic world: Anghami streams
– Sub-Saharan Africa: Boomplay + Audiomack streams
– Elsewhere: Spotify streams * Spotify market shares based on artists’ market distribution
– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views increased by 10% to account for various local platforms
*since Chinese streaming platforms are mostly video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1,500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 6,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * ArtistRatio + Genie * 2.20 + AWA * 100 / 4 + Anghami + Boomplay + Audiomack ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube * 1.1 ) / 6750
Aretha Franklin streaming review – the results
Total: 3,200,189 EAS
Want uptodate data? Access updated numbers everyday right here!
Aretha Franklin most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. Respect [I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You] – 602,000
2. I Say a Little Prayer [Aretha Now] – 584,000
3. Think [Aretha Now] – 270,000
4. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman [Lady Soul] – 215,000
5. I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) [Aretha (1986)] – 131,000
6. Son of a Preacher Man [This Girl’s in Love with You] – 106,000
7. Chain of Fools [Lady Soul] – 96,000
8. You Send Me [Aretha Now] – 60,000
9. Rock Steady [Young, Gifted and Black] – 50,000
10. Sisters Are Doin’ It for Themselves [Who’s Zoomin’ Who?] – 46,000
11. I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You) [I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You] – 45,000
12. Day Dreaming [Young, Gifted and Black] – 42,000
13. Bridge Over Troubled Water [Orphan] – 36,000
14. Ain’t No Way [Lady Soul] – 31,000
15. Freeway of Love [Who’s Zoomin’ Who?] – 31,000
16. Baby, I Love You [Aretha Arrives] – 29,000
17. Until You Come Back to Me (That’s What I’m Gonna Do) [Let Me in Your Life] – 29,000
18. Joy to the World [Orphan] – 26,000
19. Rolling in the Deep [Aretha Franklin Sings the Great Diva Classics] – 25,000
20. Don’t Play That Song (You Lied) [Spirit in the Dark] – 24,000
You may be interested in…
… Aretha Franklin’ full CSPC analysis