Streaming Masters – Adele
Are Adele streaming statistics as impressive as her records sales?
As this format is now absolutely inevitable, the greatest selling artist of the last decade will need to do wonders there too. Let’s see how she performs so far.
Adele streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube. To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea: Genie streams * 2.20 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan: AWA streams * 68 / 4 (AWA has 4% of the Japanese streaming market, and 32% are already considered through Spotify’s extrapolation)
– Arabic world: Anghami streams
– Sub-Saharan Africa: Boomplay + Audiomack streams
– Elsewhere: Spotify streams * 649 / 406 (649 million subscribers of global platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, Deezer, etc. against 406 million from Spotify itself) + Genie streams * 2.20 (uses Genie rather than Spotify to extrapolate markets like Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam)
– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views increased by 10% to account for various local platforms
*since Chinese streaming platforms are mostly video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1,500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 6,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * 649/406 + Genie * 2.20 * 2 + AWA * 68 / 4 + Anghami + Boomplay + Audiomack ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube * 1.1 ) / 6750
Please be aware that when the artist is regarded as the lead act, he is rewarded with 100% of these units, while featured acts share among them a 50% piece of the totals.
Adele streaming review – the results
Total: 18,675,247 EAS
Adele: Most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. Someone Like You  – 2,191,000
2. Hello  – 2,100,000
3. Rolling In The Deep  – 1,814,000
4. When We Were Young  – 1,218,000
5. Set Fire To The Rain  – 1,163,000
6. Easy on Me  – 1,144,000
7. Send My Love (To Your New Lover)  – 1,052,000
8. Make You Feel My Love  – 1,019,000
9. Water Under The Bridge  – 547,000
10. All I Ask  – 521,000
11. Chasing Pavements  – 508,000
12. Skyfall [Orphan] – 494,000
13. Turning Tables  – 383,000
14. Oh My God  – 338,000
15. One And Only  – 295,000
16. Don’t You Remember  – 283,000
17. Rumour Has It  – 278,000
18. Hometown Glory  – 277,000
19. Love In The Dark  – 276,000
20. Remedy  – 218,000
You may be interested in…
… Adele‘s full CSPC analysis
Someone Like You 3.8B on Youtube???
wow i am actually impressed by mjd’s analytical thinking , he said she is a horse who is lost in race already and her daily streams prove it … wow
Adele in 2015 first week US+UK 4,1 Million
Adele in 2021 first week US+UK 1,2 Million
What is going on with the sales queen??
She still does very well globally with current markets.
Can you please do an Adele : Global Heat Map
Rofl she did 49.3 million streams on spotify yesterday. With one new song and near 30 million with old catalog. She is insane
She shattered spotify record lol. So much for #Adele will fail in streaming era. She is coming for blood. Physicals sales, digitals and now streaming. Every format domination.
I still hope even if 30 does 7 to 10 million Eas from streaming on first year, pure sales end around 10 million and era ends up with 20 million sps by end of decade. By end of decade , her total stands at 120 million plus without 5th album. An average of 30 million per era. Damn!
I think for “30” By the end of decade 12-13 millions EAS is more realistic .
10 million maybe i guess
So… are these results bad or good?
They are phenomenal.