Streaming Masters – 2Pac
Amazingly prolific, 2Pac left behind a catalog of well over 500 songs although he couldn’t live past 25. The biggest icon of the hip-hop culture, he remains a selling force to this day.
Check out the mind-boggling numbers of his songs on various streaming platform sites, which are as high as some of the most successful records of our days.
2Pac streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea : Genie streams * 3.05 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan : AWA streams * 100/5.5 (AWA has 5.5% of the Japanese streaming market)– Elsewhere : Spotify streams * (370 – 8.5 – 9.5 – 33 – 9) / 207 (370 million global subscribers minus 8.5 million from South Korea minus 9.5 million from Japan minus 33 million from China divided by the number of Spotify only users minus 9 million more Asian users) + Genie streams * 3.05 (uses Genie rather than Spotify to extrapolate markets like Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam)
Video Streams– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)– Elsewhere : Youtube views
*since 96.4% of Chinese streaming platforms are free users, that paid-for users pay less than $2 a month and that they are also used as video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 11,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * 310/207 + Genie * 3.05*2 + AWA * 100/5.5 ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube ) / 11750
2Pac streaming review – the results
Total: 6,535,343 EAS
Want uptodate data? Access updated numbers everyday right here!
2Pac: Most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. Ambitionz Az a Ridah [All Eyez on Me] – 485,000
2. California Love [All Eyez on Me] – 470,000
3. Changes (Are We Ready) [Orphan] – 374,000
4. All Eyez on Me [All Eyez on Me] – 350,000
5. Hit ‘Em Up [Orphan] – 258,000
6. Dear Mama [Me Against the World] – 247,000
7. Hail Mary [The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory] – 227,000
8. Ghetto Gospel [Loyal to the Game] – 205,000
9. Keep Ya Head Up [Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z…] – 167,000
10. Do for Love [R U Still Down? (Remember Me)] – 160,000
11. I Get Around [Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z…] – 155,000
12. Only God Can Judge Me [All Eyez on Me] – 148,000
13. 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted [All Eyez on Me] – 147,000
14. How Do U Want It [All Eyez on Me] – 121,000
15. All Bout U [All Eyez on Me] – 119,000
16. Life Goes On [All Eyez on Me] – 98,000
17. Thugz Mansion [Better Dayz] – 97,000
18. Can’t C Me [All Eyez on Me] – 91,000
19. I Ain’t Mad at Cha [All Eyez on Me] – 87,000
20. So Many Tears [Me Against the World] – 78,000
You may be interested in…
… 2Pac‘s full CSPC analysis