Streaming Masters – Kanye West
Kanye West‘s debut single, Through the Wire, entered the US charts two decades ago, late 2003. Incredibly, so many years later and with all he went through, he is still flying over streaming platforms.
With a range of hits which include Gold Digger, Stronger, Heartless, Power, All Of The Lights, Ni**as In Paris, Black Skinhead, Famous, and many more, which songs are leading his catalog?
Kanye West streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea: Genie streams * 2.20 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan: AWA streams * 100 / 4 (AWA has 4% of the Japanese streaming market)
– Arabic world: Anghami streams
– Sub-Saharan Africa: Boomplay + Audiomack streams
– Elsewhere: Spotify streams * Spotify market shares based on artists’ market distribution
– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views increased by 10% to account for various local platforms
*since Chinese streaming platforms are mostly video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1,500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 6,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * ArtistRatio + Genie * 2.20 + AWA * 100 / 4 + Anghami + Boomplay + Audiomack ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube * 1.1 ) / 6750
Kanye West streaming review – the results
Total: 45,061,442 EAS
Want uptodate data? Access updated numbers everyday right here!
Kanye West most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. Stronger [Graduation] – 1,585,000
2. Niggas in Paris [Watch the Throne] – 1,498,000
3. FourFiveSeconds [Orphan] – 1,356,000
4. Gold Digger [Late Registration] – 1,204,000
5. Heartless [808s & Heartbreak] – 1,054,000
6. Power [My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy] – 1,051,000
7. I Love It [Orphan] – 934,000
8. Father Stretch My Hands, Pt. 1 [The Life of Pablo] – 858,000
9. Bound 2 [Yeezus] – 822,000
10. Flashing Lights [Graduation] – 787,000
11. All of the Lights [My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy] – 714,000
12. Black Skinhead [Yeezus] – 706,000
13. Famous [The Life of Pablo] – 692,000
14. Forever [Orphan] – 691,000
15. Mercy [Orphan] – 639,000
16. Runaway [My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy] – 587,000
17. All Falls Down [The College Dropout] – 541,000
18. All Mine [Ye] – 535,000
19. Homecoming [Graduation] – 534,000
20. Waves [The Life of Pablo] – 510,000
You may be interested in…
… Kanye West’ full CSPC analysis