Streaming Masters – Drake
Canadian rapper Drake is by far the most streamed artist globally right now.
How enormous are his figures on Spotify? How does he perform on YouTube, or on Asian platforms? And which of his hits is the biggest?
Drake streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea: Genie streams * 2.20 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan: AWA streams * 68 / 4 (AWA has 4% of the Japanese streaming market, and 32% are already considered through Spotify’s extrapolation)
– Arabic world: Anghami streams
– Sub-Saharan Africa: Boomplay + Audiomack streams
– Elsewhere: Spotify streams * 649 / 406 (649 million subscribers of global platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, Deezer, etc. against 406 million from Spotify itself) + Genie streams * 2.20 (uses Genie rather than Spotify to extrapolate markets like Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam)
– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views increased by 10% to account for various local platforms
*since Chinese streaming platforms are mostly video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1,500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 6,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * 649/406 + Genie * 2.20 * 2 + AWA * 68 / 4 + Anghami + Boomplay + Audiomack ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube * 1.1 ) / 6750
Please be aware that when the artist is regarded as the lead act, he is rewarded with 100% of these units, while featured acts share among them a 50% piece of the totals.
Drake streaming review – the results
Total: 53,878,597 EAS
Want uptodate data? Access updated numbers everyday right here!
Drake most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. One Dance [Views] – 2,282,000
2. God’s Plan [Scorpion] – 2,126,000
3. In My Feelings [Scorpion] – 1,350,000
4. Hotline Bling [Views] – 1,328,000
5. Nice for What [Scorpion] – 1,060,000
6. Passionfruit [More Life] – 1,006,000
7. Sicko Mode [Features] – 928,000
8. Too Good [Views] – 916,000
9. Toosie Slide [Dark Lane Demo Tapes] – 902,000
10. Nonstop [Scorpion] – 865,000
11. Fake Love [More Life] – 851,000
12. Money in the Grave [Orphan] – 755,000
13. Work [Features] – 734,000
14. Jumpman [What a Time to Be Alive] – 732,000
15. Hold On, We’re Going Home [Nothing Was the Same] – 722,000
16. Controlla [Views] – 709,000
17. Yes Indeed [Orphan] – 696,000
18. Laugh Now Cry Later [Orphan] – 630,000
19. Life Is Good [Features] – 617,000
20. Mia [Features] – 607,000
You may be interested in…
… Drake‘s full CSPC analysis