Streaming Masters – Post Malone
The 28 year old singer is one of the flagships of the hip hop scene in recent years, but just how big is Post Malone on streaming platforms?
Post Malone streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea: Genie streams * 2.20 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan: AWA streams * 68 / 4 (AWA has 4% of the Japanese streaming market, and 32% are already considered through Spotify’s extrapolation)
– Arabic world: Anghami streams
– Sub-Saharan Africa: Boomplay + Audiomack streams
– Elsewhere: Spotify streams * Spotify market shares based on artists’ market distribution
– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views increased by 10% to account for various local platforms
*since Chinese streaming platforms are mostly video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1,500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 6,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * ArtistRatio + Genie * 2.20 + AWA * 100 / 4 + Anghami + Boomplay + Audiomack ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube * 1.1 ) / 6750
Please be aware that when the artist is regarded as the lead act, he is rewarded with 100% of these units, while featured acts share among them a 50% piece of the totals.
Post Malone streaming review – the results
Total: 50,274,105 EAS
Want uptodate data? Access updated numbers everyday right here!
Most streamed tracks (EAS)
|2||Rockstar||Beerbongs & Bentleys||4,019,000|
|5||Better Now||Beerbongs & Bentleys||2,524,000|
|7||Psycho||Beerbongs & Bentleys||2,077,000|
|8||I Fall Apart||Stoney||2,043,000|
|12||Candy Paint||Beerbongs & Bentleys||1,270,000|
|13||I Like You (A Happier Song)||Twelve Carat Toothache||881,000|
|14||Take What You Want||Hollywood's Bleeding||758,000|
|15||One Right Now||Twelve Carat Toothache||745,000|
|16||Stay||Beerbongs & Bentleys||722,000|
|17||Hollywood's Bleeding||Hollywood's Bleeding||636,000|
You may be interested in…
… Post Malone‘s full CSPC analysis