Gorillaz CAREER CSPC RESULTS
So, after checking all the figures, how many overall equivalent album sales has each Gorillaz album achieved? Well, at this point we hardly need to add up all of the figures defined in this article!
In the following table, all categories display figures that way, e.g. in equivalent album sales. For example, singles from Demon Days released in digital format sold the equivalent of 1,590,000 albums – 10,600,000 downloads with a 10 to 1,5 weighting.
As a reminder:
- Studio Album: sales of the original album
- Other Releases: sales of compilations generated thanks to the album
- Physical Singles: sales of physical singles from the album (ratio 3/10)
- Download Singles: sales of digital singles from the album (ratio 1,5/10)
- Streaming: equivalent album sales of all the album tracks (ratio 1/1500 for Audio stream and 1/11750 for Video stream)
Leading 3 sales avenues out of 5, Demon Days tops the list among the Gorillaz’s albums. It falls short of the 10 million milestone, but its impressive streaming appeal, and good catalog sales, make it just a matter of time before the record gets there. The eponymous debut may take longer to reach the magical 8 digits mark since it stands on 8 million.
Over 2,1 million and increasing nicely, Plastic Beach is looking to save its status in the long run. Humanz still has plenty of work to do to be on par success-wise with the rest of the group’s discography.
In total, the Gorillaz are up to 20,8 million equivalent album sales. They are on their way to topping 20 million within just a few weeks.
The following pages list the most successful songs by the Gorillaz, as well as the full listing of all CSPC results compiled so far, to better gauge their position in the history of the music industry.
As usual, feel free to comment and / or ask a question!
Sources: IFPI, Spotify, YouTube, EMI, Chartmasters.org.