Streaming Masters – Ace of Base
One of the flagships of the outstanding squad of Swedish pop music talents, Ace of Base stormed music charts all over the world at the heights of the Eurodance craze in the first half of the 90s.
Although the genre has been completely dead for many years, iconic tracks from this period are still heavily played on streaming platforms, among them are the quartet’s hits led by All That She Wants.
Ace of Base streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea: Genie streams * 2.20 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan: AWA streams * 100 / 4 (AWA has 4% of the Japanese streaming market)
– Arabic world: Anghami streams
– Sub-Saharan Africa: Boomplay + Audiomack streams
– Elsewhere: Spotify streams * Spotify market shares based on artists’ market distribution
– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views increased by 10% to account for various local platforms
*since Chinese streaming platforms are mostly video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1,500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 6,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * ArtistRatio + Genie * 2.20 + AWA * 100 / 4 + Anghami + Boomplay + Audiomack ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube * 1.1 ) / 6750
Ace of Base streaming review – the results
Total: 1,042,008 EAS
Want uptodate data? Access updated numbers everyday right here!
Ace of Base most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. All That She Wants [Happy Nation] – 373,000
2. The Sign [Happy Nation] – 262,000
3. Beautiful Life [The Bridge] – 109,000
4. Happy Nation [Happy Nation] – 42,000
5. Don’t Turn Around [Happy Nation] – 40,000
6. Life Is a Flower [Flowers] – 34,000
7. Wheel of Fortune [Happy Nation] – 21,000
8. Cruel Summer [Flowers] – 20,000
9. Lucky Love [The Bridge] – 17,000
10. Living in Danger [Happy Nation] – 13,000
Sources: Spotify, YouTube, AWA (app), QQ, Genie, Anghami, Audiomack, Boomplay.
You may be interested in…
… Ace of Base’ full CSPC analysis