Streaming Masters – Shania Twain
Shania Twain has released in 1997 her biggest album, Come on Over, that is the 6th most successful of its decade with an impressive 46m EAS! Are the songs of this smash album her only ones well listened today on streaming plateforms? Or do her other tracks are as much remembered?
PS: Updated on February 25, 2022. These values are used for the automatic updates of artists and albums total instead of former ones from CSPC analysis.
Shania Twain streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea : Genie streams * 3.05 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan : AWA streams * 100/5.5 (AWA has 5.5% of the Japanese streaming market)– Elsewhere : Spotify streams * (370 – 8.5 – 9.5 – 33 – 9) / 207 (370 million global subscribers minus 8.5 million from South Korea minus 9.5 million from Japan minus 33 million from China divided by the number of Spotify only users minus 9 million more Asian users) + Genie streams * 3.05 (uses Genie rather than Spotify to extrapolate markets like Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam)
Video Streams– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)– Elsewhere : Youtube views
*since 96.4% of Chinese streaming platforms are free users, that paid-for users pay less than $2 a month and that they are also used as video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 11,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * 310/207 + Genie * 3.05*2 + AWA * 100/5.5 ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube ) / 11750
Shania Twain streaming review – the results
Total: 2,013,961 EAS
Want uptodate data? Access updated numbers everyday right here!
Shania Twain: Most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. Man! I Feel Like a Woman! [Come On Over] – 358,000
2. You’re Still the One [Come On Over] – 350,000
3. That Don’t Impress Me Much [Come On Over] – 172,000
4. White Christmas [Orphan] – 155,000
5. Any Man of Mine [The Woman In Me] – 148,000
6. From This Moment On [Come On Over] – 137,000
7. I’m Gonna Getcha Good! [Up!] – 51,000
8. Forever and for Always [Up!] – 49,000
9. Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under? [The Woman In Me] – 38,000
10. Honey, I’m Home [Come On Over] – 38,000
11. Up! [Up!] – 36,000
12. Party for Two [Orphan] – 32,000
13. No One Needs to Know [The Woman In Me] – 30,000
14. Don’t Be Stupid (You Know I Love You) [Come On Over] – 25,000
15. You’ve Got a Way [Come On Over] – 23,000
16. Endless Love [Orphan] – 20,000
17. Hole in the bottle [Orphan] – 20,000
18. Life’s About to Get Good [Now] – 17,000
19. Ka-Ching! [Up!] – 17,000
20. Come On Over [Come On Over] – 16,000
Sources: Spotify, YouTube, AWA (app), QQ, Genie, Anghami, Audiomack, Boomplay.
You may be interested in…
… Shania Twain’s full CSPC analysis