Streaming Masters – Blackpink
Blackpink is the only K-pop group that’s not BTS to have charted on the Hot 100 in recent years, but how close do they come to their male counterparts and how do they compare to other girl groups? This article might answer your questions.
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube. To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea : Genie streams * 3.05 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan : AWA streams * 100/5.5 (AWA has 5.5% of the Japanese streaming market)
– Elsewhere : Spotify streams * (370 – 8.5 – 9.5 – 33 – 9) / 207 (370 million global subscribers minus 8.5 million from South Korea minus 9.5 million from Japan minus 33 million from China divided by the number of Spotify only users minus 9 million more Asian users) + Genie streams * 3.05 (uses Genie rather than Spotify to extrapolate markets like Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam)
– China* : Xiami streams * 125/6.5 (Xiami has just over 5% of the Chinese streaming market)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views
*since 96.4% of Chinese streaming platforms are free users, that paid-for users pay less than $2 a month and that they are also used as video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted in par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 11,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * 310/207 + Genie * 3.05*2 + AWA * 100/5.5 ) / 1500 + ( Xiami * 125/6.5 + YouTube ) / 11750
Total: 3,639,382 EAS
Want uptodate data? Access updated numbers everyday right here!
Most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. Ddu-Du Ddu-Du [Square Up] – 631,000
2. As If It’s Your Last [Orphan] – 509,000
3. Playing WIth Fire [Orphan] – 431,000
4. Boombayah [Orphan] – 365,000
5. Whistle [Orphan] – 364,000
6. Kill This Love [Kill This Love] – 302,000
7. Forever Young [Square Up] – 301,000
8. Kiss And Make Up [Orphan] – 279,000
9. Stay [Orphan] – 133,000
10. Really [Square Up] – 97,000
You may be interested in…
… Blackpink‘s full CSPC analysis