Streaming Masters – Alicia Keys
Alicia Keys has released her last album, KEYS, in last December. Is this new album on the path of glory she achieved with some of her previous ones? And how her old successes perform on streaming plateforms?
PS: Updated on February 3, 2022. These values are used for the automatic updates of artists and albums total instead of former ones from CSPC analysis.
Alicia Keys streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea : Genie streams * 3.05 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan : AWA streams * 100/5.5 (AWA has 5.5% of the Japanese streaming market)– Elsewhere : Spotify streams * (370 – 8.5 – 9.5 – 33 – 9) / 207 (370 million global subscribers minus 8.5 million from South Korea minus 9.5 million from Japan minus 33 million from China divided by the number of Spotify only users minus 9 million more Asian users) + Genie streams * 3.05 (uses Genie rather than Spotify to extrapolate markets like Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam)
Video Streams– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)– Elsewhere : Youtube views
*since 96.4% of Chinese streaming platforms are free users, that paid-for users pay less than $2 a month and that they are also used as video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 11,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * 310/207 + Genie * 3.05*2 + AWA * 100/5.5 ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube ) / 11750
Alicia Keys streaming review – the results
Total: 6,115,579 EAS
Want uptodate data? Access updated numbers everyday right here!
Alicia Keys: Most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. If I Ain’t Got You [The Diary of Alicia Keys] – 841,000
2. No One [As I Am] – 783,000
3. Empire State Of Mind [Orphan] – 537,000
4. Girl On Fire [Girl on Fire] – 518,000
5. My Boo [Orphan] – 484,000
6. Fallin’ [Songs in A Minor] – 359,000
7. Empire State Of Mind (Part II) Broken Down [The Element of Freedom] – 306,000
8. Underdog [Alicia] – 167,000
9. Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart [The Element of Freedom] – 106,000
10. Un-Thinkable (I’m Ready) [The Element of Freedom] – 106,000
11. In Common [Here] – 92,000
12. You Don’t Know My Name [The Diary of Alicia Keys] – 74,000
13. Show Me Love [Alicia] – 68,000
14. Doesn’t Mean Anything [The Element of Freedom] – 53,000
15. Like Home [Orphan] – 53,000
16. A Woman’s Worth [Songs in A Minor] – 46,000
17. Like You’ll Never See Me Again [As I Am] – 43,000
18. It’s On Again [Orphan] – 43,000
19. Looking for Paradise [Orphan] – 41,000
20. Gangsta Lovin’ [Orphan] – 40,000
Sources: Spotify, YouTube, AWA (app), QQ, Genie, Anghami, Audiomack, Boomplay.
You may be interested in…
… Alicia Keys‘ full CSPC analysis