CSPC: Prince Popularity Analysis
RECORDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- At 93,150,000 EAS, Prince‘s 80s catalog is the 6th most valuable of the decade.
- At 37,296,000 EAS, Purple Rain is among the Top 20 most successful album from the 80s.
- At 11,587,000 EAS, 1999 is among the Top 10 most successful albums from 1982.
- At 37,296,000 EAS, Purple Rain is the 3rd most successful album from 1984.
- At 7,598,000 EAS, Around the World in a Day is among the Top 20 most successful albums from 1985.
- At 9,542,000 EAS, Parade is among the Top 20 most successful albums from 1986.
- At 15,570,000 EAS, the song Purple Rain is the most successful song from 1984.
- Purple Rain is one of the only 4 albums which produced over 10 million physical singles sales and 10 million digital singles sales.
- Prince registered at least one US Top 10 hit 12 years in a row from 1983 to 1994.
- Prince registered at least one UK Top 10 album 12 years in a row from 1984 to 1995.
- On May 7, 2016, Prince became the first artist ever to own the entire US Top 10 catalog album chart.
- On May 7, 2016, Prince raised to 20 (from 16, the Beatles in 2009) the number of simultaneous albums inside the US Top 50 catalog chart.
- On May 7, 2016, Prince sold over 2,5 million downloads in the US, the second highest weekly sales ever from a single artist.
NB: EAS means Equivalent Album Sales.