Streaming Masters – Frank Sinatra
Do you know which singer has songs from each the 40s, the 50s, the 60s, and the 70s cracking 200 million streams on Spotify alone? Don’t search anymore, this is no other than Frank Sinatra.
From I’ll Never Smile Again to New York New York, we review in-depth streaming statistics of his catalog which contains more than a thousand tracks.
Frank Sinatra streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea: Genie streams * 2.20 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan: AWA streams * 100 / 4 (AWA has 4% of the Japanese streaming market)
– Arabic world: Anghami streams
– Sub-Saharan Africa: Boomplay + Audiomack streams
– Elsewhere: Spotify streams * Spotify market shares based on artists’ market distribution
– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views increased by 10% to account for various local platforms
*since Chinese streaming platforms are mostly video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1,500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 6,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * ArtistRatio + Genie * 2.20 + AWA * 100 / 4 + Anghami + Boomplay + Audiomack ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube * 1.1 ) / 6750
Frank Sinatra streaming review – the results
Total: 7,706,154 EAS
Want uptodate data? Access updated numbers everyday right here!
Frank Sinatra most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. Fly Me to the Moon [It Might as Well Be Swing] – 704,000
2. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! [Christmas Songs by Sinatra] – 566,000
3. My Way [My Way] – 482,000
4. Theme from New York, New York [Trilogy: Past, Present & Future] – 291,000
5. That’s Life [That’s Life] – 284,000
6. Come Fly with Me [Come Fly with Me] – 257,000
7. Jingle Bells [Christmas Songs by Sinatra] – 245,000
8. Somethin’ Stupid [The World We Knew] – 233,000
9. I’ve Got You Under My Skin [Songs for Swingin’ Lovers] – 226,000
10. Santa Claus is Coming to Town [Christmas Songs by Sinatra] – 204,000
11. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas [Christmas Songs by Sinatra] – 203,000
12. The Way You Look Tonight [Sinatra Sings Days of Wine and Roses, Moon River, and Other Academy Award Winners] – 200,000
13. Strangers in the Night [Strangers in the Night] – 183,000
14. Mistletoe and Holly [A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra] – 180,000
15. You Make Me Feel So Young [Songs for Swingin’ Lovers] – 146,000
16. Witchcraft [Sinatra’s Sinatra] – 110,000
17. The First Noël [A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra] – 95,000
18. The Girl from Ipanema [Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim] – 82,000
19. It Was a Very Good Year [September of My Years] – 77,000
20. The Lady Is a Tramp [A Swingin’ Affair!] – 72,000
You may be interested in…
… Frank Sinatra’ full CSPC analysis