CSPC: High School Musical Popularity Analysis
High School Musical CAREER CSPC RESULTS
So, after checking all the figures, how many overall equivalent album sales has each High School Musical album achieved? Well, at this point we hardly need to add up all of the figures defined in this article!
In the following table, all categories display figures that way, e.g. in equivalent album sales. For example, singles from High School Musical released in digital format sold the equivalent of 975,000 albums – 6,500,000 downloads with a 10 to 1,5 weighting.
As a reminder:
- Studio Album: sales of the original album
- Other Releases: sales of compilations generated thanks to the album
- Physical Singles: sales of physical singles from the album (ratio 3/10)
- Download Singles: sales of digital singles from the album (ratio 1,5/10)
- Streaming: equivalent album sales of all the album tracks (ratio 1/1500 for Audio stream and 1/11750 for Video stream)
The flying TV series High School Musical went on to sell 25,2 million equivalent albums with a lifespan of barely 3 years. Each volume contributed greatly. The first one is on 11,9 million units, the second is up to 8,6 million while the third volume is on 4,8 million.
The streaming figures are interesting. With nearly 600,000 equivalent album sales from this avenue, the soundtracks are still increasing to this day. The days of Zac Efron playing Troy and Vanessa Hudgens playing Gabriella may be long gone, but the popularity of the franchise is not over.
Do not forget to check our amazing lists posted inside the CSPC: Data Collector which includes the full listing of all CSPC results compiled so far.
As usual, feel free to comment and / or ask a question!
Sources: IFPI, Spotify, YouTube, Chartmasters.org.