Not many gave him much credit when he debuted. More than 20 years later, Eminem is far and away the greatest selling artist of the world since he first started.
His next target is to reach the Top 10 acts of all-time, a goal which is more and more within’ his reach thanks to his unbelievable streaming numbers listed below.
Eminem streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea: Genie streams * 2.20 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan: AWA streams * 68 / 4 (AWA has 4% of the Japanese streaming market, and 32% are already considered through Spotify’s extrapolation)
– Arabic world: Anghami streams
– Sub-Saharan Africa: Boomplay + Audiomack streams
– Elsewhere: Spotify streams * 649 / 406 (649 million subscribers of global platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, Deezer, etc. against 406 million from Spotify itself) + Genie streams * 2.20 (uses Genie rather than Spotify to extrapolate markets like Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam)
– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views increased by 10% to account for various local platforms
*since Chinese streaming platforms are mostly video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1,500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 6,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * 649/406 + Genie * 2.20 * 2 + AWA * 68 / 4 + Anghami + Boomplay + Audiomack ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube * 1.1 ) / 6750
Please be aware that when the artist is regarded as the lead act, he is rewarded with 100% of these units, while featured acts share among them a 50% piece of the totals.
Eminem streaming review – the results
Total: 32,498,233 EAS
Eminem most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. Lose Yourself [8 Mile] – 1,523,000
2. Till I Collapse [The Eminem Show] – 1,321,000
3. Love the Way You Lie [Recovery] – 1,311,000
4. Without Me [The Eminem Show] – 1,122,000
5. Rap God [The Marshall Mathers LP 2] – 1,062,000
6. The Monster [The Marshall Mathers LP 2] – 901,000
7. Not Afraid [Recovery] – 884,000
8. Godzilla [Music to Be Murdered By] – 834,000
9. The Real Slim Shady [The Marshall Mathers LP] – 830,000
10. River [Revival] – 782,000
11. Mockingbird [Encore] – 678,000
12. Stan [The Marshall Mathers LP] – 614,000
13. Lucky You [Kamikaze] – 605,000
14. When I’m Gone [Orphan] – 516,000
15. Venom [Kamikaze] – 458,000
16. My Name Is [The Slim Shady LP] – 382,000
17. Killshot [Orphan] – 368,000
18. Shake That [Orphan] – 348,000
19. Sing for the Moment [The Eminem Show] – 334,000
20. No Love [Recovery] – 333,000