Streaming Masters – Tina Turner
At almost 45, Tina Turner was rebuilding herself after difficult years with her former husband Ike Turner, she was also off several solo albums which were significant failures.
Then, she enjoyed the biggest revival in the history of the music industry with the release of What’s Love Got To Do With It, building a stunning catalog up to her late 60s. We review streaming numbers of this one-of-a-kind career.
Tina Turner streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea: Genie streams * 2.20 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan: AWA streams * 100 / 4 (AWA has 4% of the Japanese streaming market)
– Arabic world: Anghami streams
– Sub-Saharan Africa: Boomplay + Audiomack streams
– Elsewhere: Spotify streams * Spotify market shares based on artists’ market distribution
– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views increased by 10% to account for various local platforms
*since Chinese streaming platforms are mostly video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1,500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 6,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * ArtistRatio + Genie * 2.20 + AWA * 100 / 4 + Anghami + Boomplay + Audiomack ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube * 1.1 ) / 6750
Please be aware that when the artist is regarded as the lead act, he is rewarded with 100% of these units, while featured acts share among them a 50% piece of the totals.
Tina Turner streaming review – the results
Total: 2,395,979 EAS
Want uptodate data? Access updated numbers everyday right here!
Tina Turner : Most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. What’s Love Got to Do with It [Private Dancer] – 778,000
2. The Best [Foreign Affair] – 574,000
3. We Don’t Need Another Hero (Thunderdome) [Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome] – 142,000
4. Cose della vita [Orphan (Tina Turner)] – 126,000
5. Private Dancer [Private Dancer] – 92,000
6. I Don’t Wanna Lose You [Foreign Affair] – 75,000
7. Let’s Stay Together [Private Dancer] – 62,000
8. It’s Only Love [Private Dancer] – 49,000
9. GoldenEye [Wildest Dreams] – 42,000
10. Better Be Good to Me [Private Dancer] – 32,000
11. Tonight [Private Dancer] – 29,000
12. When the Heartache Is Over [Twenty Four Seven] – 28,000
13. Steamy Windows [Foreign Affair] – 25,000
14. I Don’t Wanna Fight [Orphan (Tina Turner)] – 25,000
15. Typical Male [Break Every Rule] – 21,000
16. What You Get Is What You See [Break Every Rule] – 21,000
17. I Can’t Stand the Rain [Private Dancer] – 18,000
18. Two People [Break Every Rule] – 15,000
19. Addicted to Love [Foreign Affair] – 14,000
20. On Silent Wings [Wildest Dreams] – 14,000
You may be interested in…
… Tina Turner‘s full CSPC analysis