Streaming Masters – The Beach Boys
Even if you think you don’t know The Beach Boys, streaming just a few notes of songs like I Get Around, Good Vibrations, Wouldn’t It Be Nice, Kokomo, Barbara Ann or God Only Knows will make you realize that you do know various of their songs.
With so many hugely popular hits, how well do they perform on streaming platforms, and which hits are their biggests?
The Beach Boys streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea: Genie streams * 2.20 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan: AWA streams * 100 / 4 (AWA has 4% of the Japanese streaming market)
– Arabic world: Anghami streams
– Sub-Saharan Africa: Boomplay + Audiomack streams
– Elsewhere: Spotify streams * Spotify market shares based on artists’ market distribution
– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views increased by 10% to account for various local platforms
*since Chinese streaming platforms are mostly video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1,500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 6,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * ArtistRatio + Genie * 2.20 + AWA * 100 / 4 + Anghami + Boomplay + Audiomack ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube * 1.1 ) / 6750
Please be aware that when the artist is regarded as the lead act, he is rewarded with 100% of these units, while featured acts share among them a 50% piece of the totals.
The Beach Boys streaming review – the results
Total: 4,755,162 EAS
Want uptodate data? Access updated numbers everyday right here!
The Beach Boys : Most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. Wouldn’t It Be Nice [Pet Sounds] – 688,000
2. Good Vibrations [Smiley Smile] – 571,000
3. Surfin’ U.S.A. [Surfin’ U.S.A.] – 422,000
4. God Only Knows [Pet Sounds] – 335,000
5. Kokomo [Still Cruisin’] – 330,000
6. I Get Around [All Summer Long] – 251,000
7. Little Saint Nick [The Beach Boys’ Christmas Album] – 248,000
8. Don’t Worry Baby [Shut Down Volume 2] – 170,000
9. Barbara Ann [Beach Boys’ Party!] – 121,000
10. Sloop John B [Pet Sounds] – 111,000
11. California Girls [Summer Days (And Summer Nights!!)] – 109,000
12. Fun, Fun, Fun [Shut Down Volume 2] – 84,000
13. California Dreamin’ [Orphan] – 67,000
14. Help Me, Rhonda [The Beach Boys Today!] – 49,000
15. Darlin’ [Wild Honey] – 48,000
16. Surfer Girl [Surfer Girl] – 46,000
17. Heroes and Villains [Smiley Smile] – 38,000
18. Surfin’ Safari [Surfin’ Safari] – 37,000
19. In My Room [Surfer Girl] – 35,000
20. Little Deuce Coupe [Surfer Girl] – 31,000
You may be interested in…
… The Beach Boys‘s full CSPC analysis