Streaming Masters – Sam Smith
If Sam Smith went through various ups and downs during their career, they always managed to get real big hits.
Latch, La La La, Stay With Me, I’m Not the Only One, Too Good at Goodbyes, Dancing with a Stranger or Unholy are only some of these. Which songs claim the most streams across audio and video platforms?
Sam Smith streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea: Genie streams * 2.20 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan: AWA streams * 100 / 4 (AWA has 4% of the Japanese streaming market)
– Arabic world: Anghami streams
– Sub-Saharan Africa: Boomplay + Audiomack streams
– Elsewhere: Spotify streams * Spotify market shares based on artists’ market distribution
– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views increased by 10% to account for various local platforms
*since Chinese streaming platforms are mostly video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1,500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 6,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * ArtistRatio + Genie * 2.20 + AWA * 100 / 4 + Anghami + Boomplay + Audiomack ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube * 1.1 ) / 6750
Sam Smith streaming review – the results
Total: 23,771,116 EAS
Want uptodate data? Access updated numbers everyday right here!
Sam Smith most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. Too Good at Goodbyes [The Thrill of It All] – 2,355,000
2. I’m Not the Only One [In the Lonely Hour] – 2,343,000
3. Stay with Me [In the Lonely Hour] – 2,303,000
4. Dancing with a Stranger [Love Goes] – 1,565,000
5. Unholy [Gloria] – 1,333,000
6. Promises [Love Goes] – 1,227,000
7. How Do You Sleep? [Love Goes] – 1,121,000
8. Lay Me Down [In the Lonely Hour] – 1,120,000
9. Like I Can [In the Lonely Hour] – 787,000
10. Latch [In the Lonely Hour] – 776,000
11. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas [Orphan] – 765,000
12. Fire on Fire [Love Goes] – 711,000
13. Diamonds [Love Goes] – 483,000
14. Money on My Mind [In the Lonely Hour] – 436,000
15. La La La [In the Lonely Hour] – 423,000
16. Pray [The Thrill of It All] – 419,000
17. To Die For [Love Goes] – 394,000
18. Writing’s on the Wall [Orphan] – 336,000
19. Make It to Me [In the Lonely Hour] – 326,000
20. I’m Ready [Love Goes] – 229,000
You may be interested in…
… Sam Smith’ full CSPC analysis