Streaming Masters – Celine Dion
Being more famous year after year, Celine Dion became one of the biggest star in the world during the second part of the 90s, with legendary songs like My Heart Will Go On and Become You Loved Me.
Are her songs and albums still much listened on streaming plateforms?
PS: Updated on September 28, 2021. These values are used for automatic update of artist and albums total instead of those from CSPC analysis.
Celine Dion streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea : Genie streams * 3.05 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan : AWA streams * 100/5.5 (AWA has 5.5% of the Japanese streaming market)– Elsewhere : Spotify streams * (370 – 8.5 – 9.5 – 33 – 9) / 207 (370 million global subscribers minus 8.5 million from South Korea minus 9.5 million from Japan minus 33 million from China divided by the number of Spotify only users minus 9 million more Asian users) + Genie streams * 3.05 (uses Genie rather than Spotify to extrapolate markets like Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam)
Video Streams– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)– Elsewhere : Youtube views
*since 96.4% of Chinese streaming platforms are free users, that paid-for users pay less than $2 a month and that they are also used as video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 11,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * K + Genie * 3.05*2 + AWA * 100/5.5 ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube ) / 11750
(K = 310/207 for English songs, and 2 for French ones)
Celine Dion streaming review – the results
Total: 3,905,999 EAS
Celine Dion: Most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. My Heart Will Go On [Let’s Talk About Love] – 523,000
2. Because You Loved Me [Falling Into You] – 282,000
3. The Power of Love [The Colour Of My Love] – 189,000
4. It’s All Coming Back to Me Now [Falling Into You] – 185,000
5. I’m Alive [A New Day Has Come] – 128,000
6. Ashes [Orphan] – 124,000
7. Beauty and the Beast [Celine Dion] – 120,000
8. Pour que tu m’aimes encore [D’Eux] – 115,000
9. All by Myself [Falling Into You] – 113,000
10. The Prayer [These Are Special Times] – 105,000
11. That’s The Way It Is [Orphan] – 100,000
12. Happy Xmas (War Is Over) [These Are Special Times] – 90,000
13. A New Day Has Come [A New Day Has Come] – 80,000
14. Immortality [Let’s Talk About Love] – 64,000
15. Sous Le Vent [Orphan] – 60,000
16. J’irai où tu iras [D’Eux] – 58,000
17. How Does A Moment Last Forever [Orphan] – 56,000
18. Think Twice [The Colour Of My Love] – 52,000
19. To Love You More [Let’s Talk About Love] – 49,000
20. I Drove All Night [One Heart] – 46,000