TITANIC CSPC RESULTS
So, after checking all the figures, how many overall equivalent album sales has the Titanic soundtrack achieved? Well, at this point we hardly need to add up all of the figures defined in this article!
In the following table, all categories display figures that way, e.g. in equivalent album sales. For example, singles from Titanic released in digital format sold the equivalent of 753,000 album albums – 5,020,000 downloads with a 10 to 1,5 weighting.
As a reminder:
- Studio Album: sales of the original album
- Other Releases: sales of compilations generated thanks to the album
- Physical Singles: sales of physical singles from the album (ratio 3/10)
- Download Singles: sales of digital singles from the album (ratio 1,5/10)
- Streaming: equivalent album sales of all the album tracks (ratio 1/1500 for Audio stream and 1/11750 for Video stream)
In spite of the dilution of its appeal into external releases in later years, the Titanic soundtrack registers a massive total of 35,5 million equivalent album sales. It makes the album the 9th most successful of the 90s, although it ranks only 3rd among November 1997 releases. In fact, both Céline Dion‘s Let’s Talk About Love and Shania Twain‘s Come On Over were issued the same month.
Additionally, the following pages list its most successful songs as well as its records and achievements. Do not forget to check our amazing cross-artists lists posted inside the CSPC: Data Collector which includes the full listing of all CSPC results compiled so far.
As usual, feel free to comment and / or ask a question!
Sources: IFPI, Spotify, YouTube, Discogs, Chartmasters.org.