IFPI’s Global Top 10 Albums of 2017
The IFPI has now published the most awaited list of the year: the official Worldwide Top 10 best selling albums of 2017. Expectedly, Ed Sheeran‘s Divide leads the way. The ranking still includes several strong surprises!
Please be aware that only albums from labels which do communicate their data to the IFPI are listed. For this reason BTS, EXO and Namie Amuro are missing.
1. Ed Sheeran – ÷ – 6,1 million
2. Taylor Swift – Reputation – 4,5 million
3. P!nk – Beautiful Trauma – 1,8 million
4. Rag ‘n’ Bone Man – Human – 1,6 million
5. Sam Smith – The Thrill Of It All – 1,4 million
6. U2 – Songs of Experience – 1,3 million
7. Kendrick Lamar – Damn – 1,3 million
8. Eminem – Revival – 1,1 million
9. Harry Styles – Harry Styles – 1,0 million
10. Bruno Mars – 24k Magic – 1,0 million
Source: IFPI. Shipment figures. Physical and digital albums included. Streams excluded.
Taylor Swift’s Reputation album started out strong, selling better than her previous albums based on first week sales. But after multiple promotional singles and released singles that didn’t quite do well, the album was considered to be her weakest. Despite of weak singles, in March 2018, Reputation album has sold more than 2 million pure album sales in the USA only. Her Reputation Tour started on May 2018 and it’s so doing well that the tour might be able to beat Madonna’s record. But yeah, albums sell better before than this time so I’d say her Reputation album will definitely… Read more »
I really doubt. She needs virtually double her current sales.
TS is doing great with her Reputation Tour, it looks like it’s possible for her latest album to sell more than 6 million pure album sales. 🙂
@MJD, how much have you estimated Reputation’s worldwide sales to be? It’s at least 3 million in pure units alone so far, correct?