CSPC: Jackson 5 & The Jacksons Popularity Analysis
Records & Achievements
- At 176,5 million streams on Spotify, I Want You Back is virtually tied with Fortunate Son by Creedence Clearwater Revival as the most played track from the 60s on the platform.
- With 107,3 million streams on Spotify, ABC is among the Top 40 most streamed tracks from the 70s.
- Their song I’ll Be There is one of the 9 songs that topped the US Hot 100 for different artists. Mariah Carey was the second to reach top spot with the song in 1992 with her cover. At 5 weeks, it was the longest #1 hit of all 9 songs.
- With 4 US Hot 100 #1 during the calendar year of 1970, the Jackson 5 are tied-second to the Beatles for the most #1s in a year. The Beatles got 6 in 1964 and 5 in 1965. The first artist with 4 #1s in a year was Elvis Presley in 1956 while the last was Rihanna in 2010.
- At 11 years and 155 days, Michael Jackson is the youngest artist ever to top the Hot 100 while leading the Jackson 5 on I Want You Back.
- For 20 years, the Jackson 5 remained the artist with the most consecutive #1 hits from their debut with 4 until being topped by Mariah Carey with 5. Ironically, their 5th and 6th singles were #1 hits on Cashbox but were blocked at #2 inside the Billboard Hot 100.