Crazy In Love, Irreplaceable, Single Ladies, Halo, Love On Top, Run the World (Girls), Drunk in Love, Formation, etc. The list of iconic hits from Beyoncé never ends.
We looked into 8 audio and video streaming platforms to establish, song by song, the biggest ones from Queen B. Results come with a surprise, as her #1 song missed the top 3 in both countries the US and the UK.
Beyoncé streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea: Genie streams * 2.20 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan: AWA streams * 68 / 4 (AWA has 4% of the Japanese streaming market, and 32% are already considered through Spotify’s extrapolation)
– Arabic world: Anghami streams
– Sub-Saharan Africa: Boomplay + Audiomack streams
– Elsewhere: Spotify streams * 649 / 406 (649 million subscribers of global platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, Deezer, etc. against 406 million from Spotify itself) + Genie streams * 2.20 (uses Genie rather than Spotify to extrapolate markets like Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam)
– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views increased by 10% to account for various local platforms
*since Chinese streaming platforms are mostly video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1,500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 6,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * 649/406 + Genie * 2.20 * 2 + AWA * 68 / 4 + Anghami + Boomplay + Audiomack ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube * 1.1 ) / 6750
Please be aware that when the artist is regarded as the lead act, he is rewarded with 100% of these units, while featured acts share among them a 50% piece of the totals.
Beyoncé streaming review – the results
Total: 22,466,977 EAS
Beyoncé most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. Halo [I Am… Sasha Fierce] – 1,668,000
2. Crazy in Love [Dangerously In Love] – 1,283,000
3. Hymn For The Weekend [Features (Beyoncé)] – 1,049,000
4. Perfect Duet [Orphan (Beyoncé)] – 850,000
5. Drunk in Love [Beyoncé] – 793,000
6. Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) [I Am… Sasha Fierce] – 729,000
7. If I Were a Boy [I Am… Sasha Fierce] – 692,000
8. Love on Top  – 676,000
9. 7/11 [Beyoncé] – 673,000
10. Run the World (Girls)  – 655,000
11. Irreplaceable [B’Day] – 616,000
12. Partition [Beyoncé] – 511,000
13. Best Thing I Never Had  – 436,000
14. Formation [Lemonade] – 429,000
15. Flawless [Beyoncé] – 367,000
16. Apeshit [Everything Is Love] – 322,000
17. Sorry [Lemonade] – 310,000
18. Baby Boy [Dangerously In Love] – 306,000
19. Hold Up [Lemonade] – 292,000
20. XO [Beyoncé] – 274,000