After the smash success of her first two albums, Dua Lipa is now regarded as one of the biggest pop stars in the World.
Widely seen as a hit maker, are her songs crushing streaming platforms at the moment?
Updated on May 23, 2022
Dua Lipa streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea: Genie streams * 2.20 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan: AWA streams * 68 / 4 (AWA has 4% of the Japanese streaming market, and 32% are already considered through Spotify’s extrapolation)
– Arabic world: Anghami streams
– Sub-Saharan Africa: Boomplay + Audiomack streams
– Elsewhere: Spotify streams * 649 / 406 (649 million subscribers of global platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, Deezer, etc. against 406 million from Spotify itself) + Genie streams * 2.20 (uses Genie rather than Spotify to extrapolate markets like Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam)
– China* : QQ video streams * 50 if the song is available for audio stream, QQ video streams * 5 elseway (scale built based on known figures for several major artists)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views increased by 10% to account for various local platforms
*since Chinese streaming platforms are mostly video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted on par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1,500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 6,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * 649/406 + Genie * 2.20 * 2 + AWA * 68 / 4 + Anghami + Boomplay + Audiomack ) / 1500 + ( QQ views* 50(or 5) + YouTube * 1.1 ) / 6750
Please be aware that when the artist is regarded as the lead act, he is rewarded with 100% of these units, while featured acts share among them a 50% piece of the totals.
Dua Lipa streaming review – the results
Total: 24,730,189 EAS
Dua Lipa most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. Don’t Start Now [Future Nostalgia] – 2,612,000
2. New Rules [Dua Lipa] – 2,566,000
3. Levitating [Future Nostalgia] – 2,348,000
4. One Kiss [Dua Lipa] – 1,791,000
5. IDGAF [Dua Lipa] – 1,665,000
6. Scared to Be Lonely [Dua Lipa] – 1,468,000
7. Break My Heart [Future Nostalgia] – 1,127,000
8. Cold Heart [Orphan] – 1,060,000
9. Physical [Future Nostalgia] – 932,000
10. Un Día (One Day) [Future Nostalgia] – 759,000
11. Be the One [Dua Lipa] – 709,000
12. Electricity [Dua Lipa] – 675,000
13. Kiss and Make Up [Dua Lipa] – 651,000
14. Blow Your Mind (Mwah) [Dua Lipa] – 598,000
15. No Lie [Dua Lipa] – 517,000
16. Love Again [Future Nostalgia] – 497,000
17. We’re Good [Future Nostalgia] – 428,000
18. Hotter than Hell [Dua Lipa] – 335,000
19. Hallucinate [Future Nostalgia] – 319,000
20. Fever [Future Nostalgia] – 318,000