Streaming Masters – Rod Stewart
Through the years, Rod Stewart amassed a lot of hits including Maggie May, Sailing, I Don’t Want To Talk About It, Da Ya Think I’m Sexy?, Baby Jane, Forever Young and more.
All of them are now over 30 years old. How is the British crooner performing on streaming platform with his valuable discography?
Rod Stewart streaming review – the method
Streaming is made up of audio and video streams. Our CSPC methodology now includes both to better reflect the real popularity of each track. The main source of data for each avenue is respectively Spotify and YouTube.
To factor in the growing impact of multiple Asian countries where these platforms aren’t always the go-to site for music streaming, more sources have been added.
In order to account for their real popularity in each relevant country, the below sources have been used along with the mentioned ratios that reflect the market share of each area.
– South Korea : Genie streams * 3.05 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan : AWA streams * 100/5.5 (AWA has 5.5% of the Japanese streaming market)
– Elsewhere : Spotify streams * (370 – 8.5 – 9.5 – 33 – 9) / 207 (370 million global subscribers minus 8.5 million from South Korea minus 9.5 million from Japan minus 33 million from China divided by the number of Spotify only users minus 9 million more Asian users) + Genie streams * 3.05 (uses Genie rather than Spotify to extrapolate markets like Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam)
– China* : Xiami streams * 125/6.5 (Xiami has just over 5% of the Chinese streaming market)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views
*since 96.4% of Chinese streaming platforms are free users, that paid-for users pay less than $2 a month and that they are also used as video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted in par with YouTube streams.
Audio Stream value – 1500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream value – 11,750 views equal 1 album unit
Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * 310/207 + Genie * 3.05*2 + AWA * 100/5.5 ) / 1500 + ( Xiami * 125/6.5 + YouTube ) / 11750
Rod Stewart streaming review – the results
Total: 1,708,510 EAS
Rod Stewart most streamed tracks (EAS)
1. Everyday [Orphan] – 286,000
2. Maggie May [Every Picture Tells a Story] – 137,000
3. Ooh La La [Ooh La La] – 107,000
4. Da Ya Think I’m Sexy? [Blondes Have More Fun] – 93,000
5. I Don’t Want to Talk About It [Atlantic Crossing] – 78,000
6. All for Love [Orphan] – 72,000
7. Sailing [Atlantic Crossing] – 66,000
8. Have I Told You Lately [Vagabond Heart] – 61,000
9. Young Turks [Tonight I’m Yours] – 39,000
10. Have You Ever Seen the Rain? [Still the Same… Great Rock Classics of Our Time] – 35,000
11. Stay With Me [A Nod Is As Good As a Wink… to a Blind Horse] – 29,000
12. The First Cut Is the Deepest [A Night on the Town] – 27,000
13. Forever Young [Out of Order] – 26,000
14. Baby Jane [Body Wishes] – 25,000
15. Tonight’s the Night (Gonna Be Alright) [A Night on the Town] – 18,000
16. You’re in My Heart (The Final Acclaim) [Foot Loose & Fancy Free] – 17,000
17. Rhythm of My Heart [Vagabond Heart] – 13,000
18. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas [Merry Christmas, Baby] – 12,000
19. Santa Claus Is Coming to Town [Merry Christmas, Baby] – 11,000
20. Some Guys Have All the Luck [Camouflage] – 10,000