Records & Achievements
- His 157 million CSPC sales represent the highest tally ever achieved by a solo artist who never achieved a #1 single in the US and in the UK
- At 3,1 million album sales, The Boss is far and away the biggest selling international artist ever in Sweden. He sold almost twice as much as Pink Floyd (1,7 million) and the Beatles (1,6 million).
- With some 2,2 million album sales in Norway, he is also the all-time leader in the country among non-Scandinavian acts. The country has 5,2 million inhabitants against 321 million in the US, so per capita, his Norwegian sales equal nearly 136 million albums sold in his homeland.
- Springsteen is one of the rare artists to top both the US and the UK Album charts in four consecutive decades.
- He is the 5th biggest album seller of all-time in Europe among US artists
- Born in the U.S.A. holds the record for the most Top 10 hits ever from a single album, tying Michael Jackson‘s Thriller which first achieved the feat.
- Born in the U.S.A. reached Diamond status in November 1985 in the US, only the fourth album ever to reach this milestone at the time after Michael Jackson‘s Thriller, Fleetwood Mac‘s Rumours and the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack
- Born in the U.S.A. was the fourth album in music history to break 20 million global sales when passing the mark in 1987, following Michael Jackson‘s Thriller and both Soundtracks Saturday Night Fever and Grease. Fleetwood Mac‘s Rumours and Pink Floyd‘s Dark Side of the Moon followed suit the same year.
- Born in the U.S.A. sold over 1 million units in Scandinavia, topping even Michael Jackson‘s Thriller
Springsteen‘s love story with Scandinavia started a long time ago. Here is an unbelievable moment of him performing live in the street, in spite of being a mega-star by that time.